Breakfast Recipes: Potato Dosa
2 big potatoes;
1 cup rice flour;
1/2 cup ordinary curd;
2 - Finely chopped green chillies.
Finely chopped coriander leaves: 2 small packs;
Salt to taste;
Method of preparation:
1. Boil the potato in hot water. Peel the upper skin and press the potato into a soft paste.
2. Take a hollow dish and put in it- the already pressed potato(1), sieved rice flour, curd, green chilli, finely chopped coriander leaves and salt and stir all the contents thoroughly.
3. Add sufficient water to make Dosas neatly and again stir the contents (3) with this water.
Preparing the HEAT- PAN (penam):
4. Keep the pan on the stove and allow it to get heated. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan to know whether it gets heated or not. If the water on the pan gives ‘’ chuy’’ like sound, it indicates that pan is ready for dosas. Rub the penam with a little amount of oil on its surface (don’t pour large amount of oil, otherwise the flour does not spread uniformly).
5. If the oil gives vapours, lower the amount of heat very little, coming from the burning stove.
Preparing for dosas:
1. Put one big spoon of flour on the heated pan and immediately spread it in a round manner with a big spoon, so that dosa appears in round shaped and at the same time pour one tea spoon of oil around the outer edges of dosa.
2. Raise the heat of the stove and allow the dosa to get it burned on the pan for 2-3 minutes so that the lower part of the dosa becomes gold color and then raise the dosa holding at the edges and turn it upside down and keep it until it becomes gold color on the second side also.
Now dosas are ready for serving to your members. Serve the dosas along with coconut chutney for good taste.
Post a Comment