Sliced-button mushrooms: 200g
Chicken stock: 1 Liter (4 cups)
Water: 500 ml (2 cups)
Dry white wine: 1 cup (250 ml)
Olive oil: 2 tablespoonfuls
Butter: 30 g,
Sliced-medium leek: 1(350g)
Crushed-garlic cloves: 2
Basmati rice: 400g
Grated parmesan cheese: 40g
Drained sun-dried tomatoes, sliced: 35g
Chopped fresh oregano: 1 tablespoon.
Method of preparation:
1. Combine chicken stock, water and wine in a pan, bring to boil; and keep hot.
2. Heat oil and butter in another medium pan, and add mushrooms, leek and garlic, cook, do stirring, until leek is soft.
3. Add rice, stir until combined (2).
4. Stir 2/3 cup (160ml) hot stock mixture (1) into rice mixture (3), cook, and do stirring over low heat until liquid is absorbed.
5. Continue adding remaining stock mixture (1) gradually to (4), do stirring until absorbed before each addition.
6. Total cooking time should be about 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
7. Stir in cheese, tomatoes and oregano (adding to 6).
Points to be observed:
1. Recipe best made, just before serving. (Freeze: not suitable). Microwave: Suitable.
Best Recipe Websites
- Nalamothu Recipes
Saturday, August 25, 2007