Potatoes: 200 grams,
Besan flour: 2cups,
Mustard seeds: 1/2 teaspoon,
Urad dal: 1 spoon,
Green chillies (chopped): 6,
Chilli powder: 1tea spoon,
Turmeric powder: 1/4tea spoon,
Oil: 4 cups,
Salt to taste,
Curry leaves, Coriander leaves, Ginger, Hing and Soda.
Method of preparation:
1. Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and smash them into fine pieces.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan and add mustard seeds.
3. As the seeds start sputtering, add urad dal, chopped green chillies, onion, ginger, turmeric powder, hing, and curry leaves and cook them till the onion turns to golden brown.
4. Add mashed potatoes, coriander leaves, salt (to 3) and cook all of them on low flames for two minutes and put off the gas.
5. Pour the lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
6. Make the batter by mixing the besan, red chilli powder, salt and a pint of soda with water.
7. Cut the bread through corners to make four triangles into each piece.
8. Make small balls of potato mixture (6) and put one ball pressing in between two triangles of bread pieces(7).
9. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, dip the bread triangle in batter (6, 7, 8.) And slowly release into oil.
10. Deep- fry till the bondas become golden brown.
11. Serve the hot bondas with tomato sauce or green chutney.
Best Recipe Websites
- Nalamothu Recipes
Saturday, August 18, 2007