Andhra Sweets: Boorelu
Boorelu is the traditionally served sweet dish in the Telugu festivals.
For the rice dough
3 cups rice flour
6 cups water
3 tsp oil
For the stuffing
4 cups coconut, grated
2 cup sugar
½ cup dry fruits
½ cup milk
Method of preparation:
1. For the dough boil the water and oil and remove from heat.
2. To it add the rice flour, cover and allow it to cool. Later, knead well and keep aside.
3. For the stuffing mix all the ingredients mentioned under stuffing except milk.
4. Put this mixture on a medium heat and cook stirring all the time. Than add milk, mixing well and remove from the heat once it is totally dry.
5. Make balls of the rice dough. Make a small hollow the center and place the stuffing in the middle, now join the open edges together and give it a shape like a whole garlic.
6. Steam these boorelus for 10 minutes, take off, cool and keep in air-tight containers.
Please share your opinions and advice.
Post a Comment