Evening Recipe: Samosa
Samosa is the best time pass food to spend evenings with family and friends.
1. Refined flour or maida—200 grams
2. Wheat flour—100gm
3. Potatoes (boiled and chopped) =1/2 kg
4. Peas (shelled and boiled) =1 cup
5. Green chillies (chopped) =2
6. Coriander seeds (crushed) =1 table spoon
7. Cashew nuts (cut into halves) =1/4cup
8. Raisins= I table spoon
9. Red chilli powder =1/2 tablespoon
10. Garam masala =1 table spoon
11. Salt to taste
12. Ghee or oil =sufficient.
Method of preparation:
1. Heat 1table spoon of oil in a pan.
2. Fry green chillies, coriander seeds, cashew nuts and raisins for 1 minute (on1).
3. Add potatoes, peas, salt, red chili powder and garam masala to (2).
4. Mix well (2+3) and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Now mix Maida, wheat flour, 2 table spoon of oil and ½ table spoon of salt. Knead dough with cold water.
6. Make a ball and roll it like a Puri (5).
7. Cut it into two parts (6). Fold each part in triangle shape.
8. Fill the potato mixture (2, 3, and 4) and stick sides (7) with the help of water.
9. Deep-fry till they (8) are light brown color.
Serve them in hot, with tamarind chutney to the guests.
Source: Sunday Times.
Post a Comment