Soya Recipes: Soya flakes curry
Soya bean is also known as “the Wonder or Golden bean’’, and is a treasure trove of many nutrients. It provides all the 8 essential amino acids, necessary for the body and also increases the good cholesterol (HDL), which is good for the heart. Soya beans are the most nutritious vegetables with rich protein content.
Soya flakes macula (spicy) curry:
Soya flakes: 1 cup
Cooked peas: 1 cup
Oil: 4 table spoons
Khuskhus: 2 tablespoons
Jeer: 2 table spoons
Cashew nuts: 2 table spoons
Coriander leaves (Chopped): 2table spoons
Slit green chilies: 2,
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tea spoon,
Chilli powder: 1 tea spoon,
Salt: 1-1/2teaspoon to 1-3/4tea spoon,
Kasogi meth: 1 tea spoon,
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tea spoon,
Sugar: 1/2tea spoon.
Method of preparation:
1. Wash soya flakes and cook in one cup of water till tender and all water dries up.
2. Chop and grind two onions, tomatoes, cashew nuts, khuskhus, and jeera into a smooth paste, along with turmeric powder, chilli powder and ginger garlic paste.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add the remaining one onion chopped and fry till the onion turns light gold in color.
4. Add the ground paste (2) and fry on a low flame till the masala (spice) is well fried and the oil starts seeping out.
5. Add kasogi meth and fry a minute.
4 Add cooked peas, soya flakes, green chilies, salt, sugar and one cup of water.
5. Simmer on a low flame till thick gravy is attained.
6. Serve with hot rotis or bread, garnished with coriander leaves.
Note: Add two tablespoons of tomato sauce and ½ cup water if required).
It serves for 6 persons.
Soya flakes are available in all leading food stores and this dish can be used in various ways—thickened—as a filling for chapattis, bread and bread rolls, etc.
Post a Comment