1. Self-rising flour: 1cup (Self-rising is wheat flour that is sold premixed with chemical leavening agents)
2. Whole wheat flour: 1 cup
3. Cardamom powder: 1/2 tea spoon,
4. A pinch of salt
5. Castor sugar if needed
6. Soda bicarb: 1/2 tea spoon.
7. Mango pulp: 11/2 table spoon cup.
8. Cheese for deep frying
9. Vanilla ice cream
10. Mango pulp.
Method of preparation:
1. Make dough with both flours, at the same time, adding mango juice, soda – bicarb, and cardamom powder. Add the salt, sugar if needed. Knead to stiff dough.
2. Heat ghee in a pan.
3. Roll out 8 cm puris of balls made of the dough.
4. Fry in batches till they turn golden brown.
5. Drain on tissue paper.
Serve three puris to a portion with a dollop of ice cream, chopped with chilled mango pulp.
Best Recipe Websites
- Nalamothu Recipes
Wednesday, May 30, 2007