Drumstick curry is one of the famous curries in southern India.
Ingredients: 16 items.
Peeled drumstick pieces of 2’’ size = 2 cups
Big sized potatoes =2
Coriander = 1 tea spoon
Mustard seeds = ½ tsp
Garam masala = ½ tsp
Green mutter (or dry mutter soaked overnight) = 1 cup
Medium sized onion == 1
Tomato = 1cup
Green masala (ginger, garlic, and coriander leaves) paste ==1 table spoon
Cumin seeds powder ==1 tea spoon
Curry leave==10-12 in number
Coriander leaves==1 table spoon
Turmeric= 1tea spoon
Red chilli powder==2 teaspoons
Oil==3 Table spoons.
Method of Preparation:
1. First of all peel the drum sticks and then cut them into 2’’ sized pieces. Chop onion and potatoes also.
2. Grate the coconut. Prepare the –hara masala paste-by grinding coconut, onion, cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, ginger, garlic and coriander leaves.
3. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, and ground hara masala (aspreparedabovein2),Mix well and sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Then add drum sticks and potato pieces, mix well and sauté for 5 minute.
5. Add water till the above ingredients immerse and place lid on the pan.
6. Heat on high flame for 3 minutes and then on simmer for 5 minutes till potatoes and drumsticks are done.
7. While on sim flame, add tomato pure, green mutter, salt, coriander powder.
8. Heat for 5 minutes, and take it out from the stove.
Drumstick curry is ready for serving.