Andhra Sweets - Kajjikayalu
Kajjikayalu is another famous traditional dish in Andhra households during Telugu festivals.
Maida - 11/2 cups
Ghee -¼ cup +for deep frying
Sugar -½ cups
Mawa -½ cup
Dried coconut- 1 cup
Cashew nut -¼ cup
Raisins -¼ cup
Poppy seeds -2 tbsps.
Nutmeg powder –A pinch
Cardamom powder -½ tsp. salt a pinch (optional)
Method of Preparation:
1. Mix salt and Maida. Add ghee and a little water.
2. Make it into semi hard dough.
3. For the stuffing: heat a little ghee, add grated coconut. Roast for 3 minutes.
4. Add mawa and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, add roasted and powdered poppy seeds (khus khus).
6. Add cardamom and nutmeg powder. Now mix cashew nut and raisins.
7. Add mawa, cook for 2 minutes. Let it cool, and then add powdered sugar.
8. Make small balls from the maida dough.
9. Roll them out and stuff with the stuffing make it into a half moon shape.
10. Seal the edges with a little water. Flute the edges. Deep fry it moderately.
Enjoy this delicious Andhra sweet.
Post a Comment