Paratha Recipes: Stuffed Egg Parathas
1. Wheat flour – 2 cups.
2. Pepper – ½ tea spoon.
3. Coriander leaves, chopped 1 tsp.
4. Eggs (boiled and mashed) – 4.
5. Water to knead as required.
6. Ghee or oil – 2 table spoons for shallow frying
8. Salt 2 tea spoons.
Method of preparation:
1. Sieve wheat flour and 1 tsp. salt together and gradually add water and make stiff dough.
2. Cover with a damp cloth and aside for 20 minutes.
3. Boil the eggs and mash well, add 1 tsp. salt, pepper, coriander and 1 tsp. ghee or oil. Mix well and keep aside.
4. Knead the dough until smooth and divide into eight equal balls.
5. Roll out each ball into a 4” diameter circle, and place 1 tbsp. egg filling in the center of each circle.
6. Fold up the edges and shape them into balls again.
7. Now roll out the stuffed balls on a floured board to a circle of 5’ diameter.
8. Rub a little oil or ghee on one side, heat a tava and fry the paratha with little ghee or oil.
9. Cook until both sides turn golden brown, turning once or twice.
Source: Sunday Chronicle.
Post a Comment