1. 1.5 kg prawns cleaned.
2. 3 Large onions-finely chopped.
3. 3 medium tomatoes chopped.
4. Few curry leaves
5. 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
6. 10 Green chilies.
7. 3 tbsp chilly powder (or according to your taste).
8. 1 tbsp turmeric powder.
9. 3 tbsp coriander powder.
10. 1 1/2 tbsp cumin powder.
11. 1tbsp garam masala powder (spicy powder).
12. Salt to taste.
13. 6 tbsp oil.
14. Chopped coriander for garnish.
Method of preparation:
1. Heat oil and add the chopped onions and green chilies and fry all till they become transparent.
2. Add the ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves and fry for a minute. Add chopped tomatoes and fry for two to three minutes.
3. Add turmeric, coriander and cumin seeds powders and chilies. Stir well.
4. Add prawns, salt and mix well.
5. Cook on medium heat for five minutes. Now add one cup of water and cook further, covered with a lid for about ten minutes on medium heat or till the prawns get tender.
6. Add garam masala powder (spicy powder) and mix well. Turn of heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Source: Sunday Times.
If you have talent to write articles, please visit http://www.nalamothuonline.com/