Kerala recipe: Malabar fish fry
Malabar fish fry: Popular non-veg dish in Kerala.
Fish - ½ Kg (Medium sized pieces of King Fish or Pomfret is
Preferable, any other fish can also use)
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Garlic - 8 Flakes
Green Chillies - 4 Nos
Chilli Powder - 1 Tbsp
Turmeric powder - ¼ Tbsp
Curry leaves - 10 leaves
Lemon Juice - 10 Drops
Coconut oil - As required
Salt - As required
1. Clean the fish pieces.
2. Grind and make a paste of Garlic, Ginger and Green chillies.
3. Add the Chilli Powder, Turmeric powder, Lemon juice and curry leaves with required salt to the paste.
4. Mix well and make a thick paste. Don’t use water; instead you can add Coconut oil for making paste.
5. Daub the mix on each pieces by hand and keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
6. Heat a pan and add Coconut oil. Make sure that the depth of oil should be minimum half of the thickness of fish pieces.
7. Slowly place fish pieces one by one leaving little space between the pieces and fry for 6-8 minutes on low flame.
8. Turn around the pieces using a thin spatula and let fry the other side of the pieces.
Cooking Tip: You can add 2-3 pieces of sliced shallots in the oil before frying , by which the fish pieces will not stick or shatter on the pan while turn around.
Author: K.R. Saritha (Kozhikode)
If you have talent to make good recipes, please visit http://www.nalamothuonline.com/.
Share your recipe and earn money.
Post a Comment