1 Cup – Semolina / Suji / Medium Rava or Local Rava
1 Cup – Curds
1 Tea Spoon - Fruit Salt
1 Table Spoon – Oil
¼ Tea spoon – Mustard
1 Tea Spoon – Urad Dal
Few – Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander leaves
Fried Cashew Nuts
Step-by-Step Procedure to Cook Rava Idly:
1. Heat the oil.
2. Add mustard.
3. After mustard splutters add urad dal.
4. When urad dal turns to golden brown add curry leaves.
5. Fry till the curry leaves become crispy.
6. Add semolina. Fry until it becomes yellow / light golden-brown. Wait till semolina cools down. Turn-off the heat.
7. Mix curds with fruit salt, and immediately add to the mix semolina mixture and salt. If the batter is too thick, add some more curds. Note: Use ¼ tea-spoon cooking salt only if fruit salt is not available.
8. Pour the mix into the idly moulds and decorate each mould with grated carrot, chopped coriander leaves and fried cashew nuts.
9. Steam for 10 minutes.
10. Serve hot with coconut chutney and or potato-onion curry.
Recipe Maker: Mrs. Sandya Viswakumar (Bangalore)
If you have talent to make good recipes, please visit http://www.nalamothuonline.com/.
Share your recipe and earn money.