Beef Fry – Kerala style recipe
Beef fry using coconut cubes is a popular meat dish in Southern and Central kerala including Malabar.
Beef - 1kg (chopped in to small pieces)
Coconut - 1 Nos
Shallots - 20 flakes
Chillie Powder - 2 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder - ½ Tbsp
Coriander Powder - 2 Tbsp
Pepper Powder - ¼ Tbsp
Green Chillies - 3 Nos
Ginger - 2 Nos (1 inch pieces)
Garlic - 10 flakes
Cumin seeds - ¼ Tbsp
Cardamom - 4 Nos
Cloves - 5-6 Nos
Cinnamon - 2 sticks (medium)
Coconut Oil - 80-100 ml
Vinegar - 3-4 Tbsp
Curry leaves - 10-15 leaves
Salt - As required
1. Wash the beef pieces and put in a pressure cooker, add little water, bit salt. Mix well and put on heat. Cook up to 4-5 whistles and keep aside.
2. Cut coconut in to small cubes.
3. Grind and make a fine paste of Cinnamon, Cumin seeds, Cloves and Cardamom with Vinegar.
4. Chop Ginger, crush Garlic, cut green chillies in length and slice shallots thinly
5. Heat a wide mouth open vessel and add Coconut oil.
6. Add chopped Ginger and Garlic, 5-6 Curry leaves, sliced shallots, green chillies and fry to brown.
7. Add Chillie powder, Turmeric Powder and coriander powder and fry up the mix for 3-4 minutes. Add more heated coconut oil if required, to fry up the mix.
8. Add the cooked beef, coconut cubes, pepper powder and Vinegar-Spices paste in to the vessel and mix well. Check salt and add if required. Stir gently now and then while on low flames for 10-20 minutes.
9. Check the beef pieces, if cooked well add the rest of curry leaves, mix well and cover with a lid.
10. Serve hot with Chapati, Paratha or Rice.
Recipe maker: K.R. Saritha (Kozhikode, kerala)
If you have talent to make good recipes, please visit http://www.nalamothuonline.com/.
Share your recipe and earn money.
Post a Comment