Kerala Recipe: Tapioca with Fish Chilly Curry
Tapioca is one of the most delicious and nutritious diet of Keralites. Combination of tapioca with fish curry is very much popular among Malayalees especially those residing in the coastal areas. Sardine fish is considered the best to prepare fish chilly curry. Any other fishes with solid pieces can also be used for preparation.
Ingredients to prepare Tapioca:
1) Tapioca - 1 kg
2) Salt - As per requirement
3) Coconut Oil - 2 tablespoon
4) Red Chilly (dried) - 3 - 4 Nos
5) Mustard - 1 tablespoon
Ingredients to prepare fish chilly curry:
1) Fresh sardine fish - 10 Nos
2) Tamarind - lemon size (soak in ½ cup water)
3) Red chilly powder - 2 ½ tablespoon
4) Turmeric Powder - ½ tablespoon
5) Coriander Powder - ½ tablespoon
6) Onion (small) - 6-8 Nos (chopped)
7) Green Chillies - 4-5 Nos (chopped)
8) Ginger - 1 teaspoon (cut and smashed)
9) Garlic - 5 Nos (smashed)
10) Tomato (medium size) - 1 Nos (chopped)
11) Salt - Sufficient amount
12) Curry leaves - 10-15 leaves
13) Coconut oil - 2 Tablespoon
Ingredients to prepare onion chutney:
1) Small Onions -10 nos
2) Green Chilly - 3 - 4 Nos
3) Tamarind - A very small piece
4) Salt - Sufficient amount
5) Coconut oil - 1 teaspoon
Method of Preparation of fish chilly curry:
1. Clean and cut fishes into small pieces.
2. Take heavy bottomed pan or kadai. Add 2 ½ table spoons of chilly powder (note that amount of chilly powder and green chilly can be varied according to one’s taste), ½ table spoon turmeric powder, ½ tablespoon coriander powder, chopped small onions and chopped green chilly, chopped tomato and smashed ginger and garlic.
3. Add the pulp juice of tamarind to the above ingredients.
4. Add small amount of water and sufficient salt to the ingredients and mix well. Place the lid on vessel.
5. Heat on medium flame and allow it to boil for some time to make the gravy a bit thick.
6. After the ingredients are boiled put the fish pieces and allow to it to cook.
7. Add curry leaves
8. After the fish is cooked turn off the flame and then pour 2 tables spoons of coconut oil over the hot fish curry.
Method of preparation of tapioca:
1. Clean and cut tapioca into small pieces.
2. Pour sufficient amount of water and salt to taste.
3. Allow it to cook thoroughly until it becomes soft and smooth
4. After that place a heavy bottomed pan and pour coconut oil.
5. Put 1 teaspoon of mustard to the hot oil.
6. Put 3-4 Nos of dry red chilly and fry.
7. Put the already cooked tapioca to the above contents and mix thoroughly.
8. Cooked tapioca is ready to serve.
Method of preparation of onion chutney:
1. Take 10 Nos of small onion, 3-4 Nos of green chilly a small amount and sufficient amount of salt.
2. Smash and mix all the ingredients together or make a paste in mixer.
3. To that add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
All the three recipes are now ready to serve. Tapioca can be served along with fish chilly curry and onion chutney.
Recipe maker: N. Sangeetha (Malaparamba, Calicut)
If you have talent to make good recipes, please visit http://www.nalamothuonline.com/.
Share your recipe and earn money.
Post a Comment