1. Oil - One table spoon
2. Butter- one table spoon
3. Ginger-garlic paste- one tea spoon
4. Tomato pieces- three table spoons,
5. Palak -1 ¼ cups
6. Paneer-1 ¼ cups
7. Salt to taste
8. Dry mentis leaves-1/2 tea spoon
9. Sugar- 1/4 tea spoon
10. Garam masala (spicy items) - A little quantity
11. Cream- two table spoons.
Preparation of Gravy: First of all prepare the gravy.
1. Take one cup of onion pieces, ten cashew nuts and four green chilies.
2. Keep al the above three items (1) in a cup and fill that cup with 3/4 of water only (not fully) and mix them in that water of the cup.
3. Keep the cup (2) on a burning stove (flame should be in low and small in size), that is with little amount of heat and keep the cup on the stove for 10 minutes and heat it.
4. Take it out (3) from the stove and grind the contents (present in the cup) and keep the grinded items aside.
Method of preparation of Palak paneer:
1. Take a vessel (moderate size), pour into it, the oil and the butter and heat them on a stove.
2. Add ginger- garlic paste and tomato pieces to the contents in the vessel (1) and stir them.
3. Keep the vessel (2) on a moderate flame and heat it for 5to6 minutes and at the same time go on stirring the contents.
4. Then add gravy (already prepared) to the contents in the vessel (3) and heat I for another 5 minutes and keep them aside.
5. Then take the palalk in a dish and pour water into it and then boil the palak and take out the boiled palak from the dish and grind it.
6. Add to it (5), already grinded paneer pieces, mentis leaves, sugar, garam masala (spicy item), sufficient salt, cream and stir all the contents thoroughly.
7. Keep them (6) on a moderate flame for a while and take them out from the stove.
Palak paneer is ready for serving and it is a good combination item, for parotas, roties and also for polkas.