South Recipe: Sweet Paniyaram
Sweet Paniyaram can be prepared as a special dish during festivals or get together
Ingredients to prepare paniyaram batter:
1/4 cup of grated coconut
1 cup grated Jaggery
400 gm of raw rice
100 gm of Boiled rice
1 tablespoon Fenugreek
2 tablespoon Urud dhal
Oil – ¼ cup
Method of preparation:
1. Soak the raw rice, boiled rice, fenugreek, urud dhal in water for 1 hour
2. Grind the soaked ingredients into a batter by putting them together in the grinder/mixie and keep it aside for nearly 5 hours.
3. Add the grated jaggery and coconut to the batter and mix it well.
4. Now, rub the cups of paniyaram pan with oil and pour the batter into each cup (make sure the cups are just half filled as the batter will come up when cooked)
5. After 3 minutes, turn all the paniyaram upside down using the sharp edged paniyaram ladle to cook the other side of paniyaram and leave it for another 3 minutes.
6. Once you feel both sides are cooked, take out the paniyaram from the pan and serve hot.
Paniyaram is a soft delicious dish prepared in the down south Indian people. It is usually served as a snack or breakfast.
Author: Vinupradha (Chennai)
If you have talent to make good recipes, please visit http://www.nalamothuonline.com/.
Share your recipe and earn money.
Post a Comment