Garlic – 5 no’s
Green chili – 2 no’s
Tomato – 3 no’s
Moong dal – 100 gm
Sambar powder – 1 tablespoon
Small onions – 6 no’s
Sunflower oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – ½ handful nicely chopped
Curry leaves – ¼ handful
Pumpkin – ¼ of the full vegetable
Salt to Taste
Method of preparation:
1. Wash the Moong dal and boil it in pressure cooker until you get one whistle sound.
2. Cut the onions, tomato, pumpkins and garlic to small pieces.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves to it until it pops out. Now add the onions, tomatoes, green chilly and the pumpkins and fry it.
4. Now add the boiled moong dhal in addition to the above mentioned things in the pan.
5. Add sambar powder, salt, coriander leaves and finally add required amount of water to the mixture and boil it for 15 minutes until the sambar powder’s raw smell goes off.
6. Add coriander leaves to the sambar for taste and for garnish.
7. Pumpkin sambar goes well with Idly, Dosai and even with rice.
Health tip: Pumpkin sambar can be taken by people on diet as it helps in draining the water content in the body.
Author: Vinupradha (Chennai)
If you have talent to make good recipes, please visit http://www.nalamothuonline.com/.
Share your recipe and earn money.