Palak Paneer is hot favorite North Indian dish. This mildly flavored dish is super healthy too.
• 500 gms Paneer (look below for recipe to make your own Paneer)
• 2 medium-sized bunches of fresh spinach
• 4 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
• 1 large onion chopped fine
• 1 large tomato diced
• 2 tsps garlic paste
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 2 tsps coriander powder
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp garam masala powder
• Salt to taste
• 1 tbsp of butter to garnish
Method of Preparation:
• Cut the paneer into 1" cubes.
• Cut Onion into small piceses.
• Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and stir-fry the paneer till golden. Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep aside.
• Add 2 tbsps of oil to the same pan and fry the onions in it till soft.
• Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a minute.
• Add the spinach, fenugreek leaves, and tomato, coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala powders and mix well. Add salt to taste and mix well.
• Cook till the spinach and fenugreek leaves are soft and like pulp. Mash well into a rough paste. If you prefer, you can also blend this paste in the food processor to get a smoother consistency.
• Add the previously fried paneer cubes to this gravy and mix to coat the pieces.
• Garnish with butter and serve hot with Chapatis (Indian flatbread), parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread) or Makki Ki Roti (pan-fried maize bread).
Health and Palak Paneer:
Palak (Spinach) has many nutrients as compare to other vegetables. It contains good amount of vitamin K and A which helps you bone up. The vegetable also provides cardiovascular protection. Cooked palak is good source of iron. So alongwith good taste of palak paneer, one can also enjoy so many good qualities of the dish. Palak paneer is considered as one of the famous north Indian cusine.
Author: Mona Gupta, New Delhi
If you have talent to make good recipes, please visit http://www.nalamothuonline.com/
Share your recipe and earn money.