Groundnut fry is a tasty snack for evening tea times especially for kids.
Groundnuts - 250 Gms
Chillie Powder - 1 Tbsp
Pepper Powder - ½ Tbsp
Cumin seeds - ¼ Tbsp
Asafoetida Powder - ¼ Tbsp
Curry leaves - 15-20 Leaves
Salt - As required
Oil - As required for deep frying (Gingelly oil is better to keep
the fry for longer days)
Method of Preparation:
1. Mix the groundnuts with little liquid salt to wet and keep for an hour
2. Heat a Pan/Kadai and add groundnuts. Keep stir and make warm the nuts for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
3. Peel off the nuts, split and keep aside.
4. Heat a Kadai and add oil. Fry the nuts in batches till slight brown. Keep the nuts in a strainer to drain the oil.
5. Fry the curry leaves in a cooking Pan or Kadai upto crispy and crush by hand to small pieces.
6. Heat a Kadai, add groundnuts, Cumin seeds, Chillie Powder, Turmeric Powder, Pepper Powder, Asafoetida Powder and a bit salt. Stir frequently for 5 minutes on low flame.
7. Finally remove from the fire and mix the crushed curry leaves and serve hot. This can keep for 6-8 days if we keep in air tight Jars.
Author: K.R. Saritha (Kerala)
If you have talent to make good recipes, please visit http://www.nalamothuonline.com/.
Share your recipe and earn money.