Basmati rice: 2cups (400g),
English spinach, chopped: 1Bunch (5oog)
Medium sized (260g) tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped: 2
Chicken stock: 1litre (4cups)
Buttered: 30 grams,
Olive oil: 1 table spoon
Onions - Medium (300g weight) sized, finely chopped: 2,
Garlic cloves, crushed: 2,
Grated parmesan cheese: 20 g.
Method of preparation:
1. Heat butter and oil in medium pan add onions and garlic, cook, stirring until onions become soft.
2. Add rice, cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock, simmer, covered about 15 minutes or until is almost absorbed.
4. Remove the pan from heat, stir in spinach, tomatoes and cheese.
5. Stir until spinach is wilted.
It can serve for 4 to 6 persons.
Recipe best made just before serving.
Freeze: Not suitable.
Microwave : Suitable.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007