Indian Recipe: Curry Leaves Pickle
Curry leaves always have the waste pots on dinning tables. But elders and Ayurveda recommend to consume. The cheaper leaves are rich in nutritional fiber, Vitamin A, B, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins and amino acids. Consumption of curry leaves is helpful to cure the diabetes.
Curry leaves are helpful to cure the following disorders too.
Premature graying of hair
Burns and bruises
Fresh Curry Leaves - 2 Cups
Chillie Powder - 1 ½ Tbsp
Fenugreek seeds - 2 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 2 Tbsp
Garlic - 20-25 flakes
Green Chillie - 2-3 Nos
Ginger - 3 Pieces (1 inch)
Vinegar - 40-50 ml
Ground Nut Oil - As required to fry other ingredients
Asafoetida (Hing) - a pinch
Salt - As required
Lemon Juice - 1-2 Lemon
1. Cleanse the curry leaves and put to drain. Spread on a paper or wide pot and keep for some time to dry completely. Make sure that water not existing with leaves. Heat a vessel and add required Groundnut oil. Spread little curry leaves in to the hot oil. Remove the leaves when get browned and crispy, ensure the leaves are not getting burnt. Fry the complete leaves part by part. Keep in a holed pot to drain the oil. (The crispy leaves can crush by hand too before making the pickle)
2. Remove scabs and chop Ginger and Garlic in small pieces, cut green chillies in small rounded pieces. Fry all these to brown in the same vessel and keep aside.
3. Fry the Fenugreek seeds (Uluva) in oil and make powder.
4. Heat oil in a pan on low flame. Put Mustard seeds and remove it before starts split. Crush the seeds but not to powder.
5. Add ½ Tbsp Groundnut oil in a pan and roast the Chillie powder and keep aside.
6. Fry a small piece of Asafoetida (Hing) and make powder, or if you have the powder, heat with the Chillie Powder.
7. Mix all the above contents well with Vinegar and lemon juice. It is just ready to use. Ensure, not to mix the water content at any stage. Vinegar or Lemon juice can add if you feel the pickle is excess dry.
Author: K.R. Saritha, Kozhikode
If you have talent to write articles, please visit www.nalamothuonline.com
Is this web site really paying its authors ?
I want details.
Can you please help me ?
I am also from Calicut.
I read your article.
It is very useful.
Do this web site really pay its authors ?
Please give me some info about it.
I work for some other Indian web sites as free lance writer.
Expecting from you soon,
Yes, the owner pays worthy according to me.
You will get the details on
Thanks and best wishes
Will you please give me your contact address, at least your email ID ?
Hope you are the guy who asked about the benefits. My email id is [[email protected]]
Post a Comment